You Know You're A Mom When......
1. You find in your purse while trying to find a pen during a meeting at work:
- A folded up diaper
- A baby rattle
- A baby toy that makes music when you press the center (yeah, I got a strange look and a smirk for that one....)
- Vitamin D drops
- A pacifier
- A packet of Desitin (unfortunately, it was opened....and with all that stuff in there,
I couldn't have at least had a baby wipe to clean up the mess...)
2. You don't notice the smell of spit-up on the clothes you wear anymore (You definitely notice when in a store, that no one will stand next to you, but still have no clue it's because of your new fragrance ....just kidding.)
3. You are shopping without your baby, but when you hear a child cry in the next aisle over, you immediately turn around to where you thought you put your baby, and realize yours (thank goodness) is safely at home with your husband and not with you (and hopefully not crying).
4. The American Academy of Pediatrics website, among other baby related site have become the most visited websites in your browser history..
5. You have found that the AAP highly recommends keeping babies out of the sun until they are 6 months of age (reduces skin cancer and severe burns to their delicate skin) so everytime you take your baby (under 6 months) outdoors, you make an 'Escape Route' and map out all of the shady areas to run under as you make your way from your car, through the parking lot, with your baby covered under a blanket in the stroller while it is 100 degrees outside, as if you are housing a vampire who will disintegrate if he sees the light of day, or the evil sun has declared war on your innocent child and you are dodging fire balls that are about to be thrown.
6. You are pretty much right handed, but while out to a sushi dinner, your baby starts crying so you play with him while eating and discover you have a new talent of eating with chopsticks with your left hand.
If anyone has any to add, post them in the comments area! I will be adding more as I think of them! :-)